The absolutely delicious and relishing dishes you have that kind of enslave your taste buds, were otherwise bland without some very important ingredients- spices and herbs. Spices and herbs not only give the required taste, but they provide some health benefits that are difficult to gain from any other food or ingredients. Not only the spices, the right choice of side drinks or beverages too help in enhancing the overall taste. They do change the taste of the food for good and wake you taste buds up!
Well, here are some spices and herbs, way more ways that you could use or add to your everyday food and make the taste better and benefit from them.
1. Add the spices and herbs (seasonings) as per the requirements. Do not overwhelm it with spices or strong herbs. Instead of using two strong spices or herbs, complement one strong with a mild one to enhance the taste. Following this might help you a lot as the food gets its splendid flavour.
2. If you have to add herbs in the food while cooking, please do make sure that you add only dried herbs. Fresh herbs should only be used as toppings when the food is being served to provide the optimum flavour and pleasant aroma.
3. Coffee with breakfast to balance the bland taste with cocoa and sweeten it or just change the taste between two different items. Simultaneously, a cup of healthy coffee keeps you active. Yes, when properly brewed, coffee has its own advantages in taste and health.
4. Cut the fresh leaves of the herbs very finely? No, not because of the smaller size. This needs to be done because a greater number of cuts ensure that the herb’s flavour is absorbed by the food. 5. When you are trying to use spices like cardamom or clove in raw form or any other herb in cooking, it is advised that you use a mortar and pestle to break the surface and let the food absorb more of the flavour.
6. Remember, if you are going to make servings for more people, you do need to multiply the spices added. This could destroy the taste by making it extra spicy. Only add 50% more for each serving extra.
7. Use dry spices and herbs whenever possible, preferred over the fresh ones. Spices are best when used dry because the dry spices and herbs contain more flavour or impart more flavour to the food as compared to the fresh ones.
8. Use cardamom along ginger for taste enhancement of beverages. Adding cardamom and ginger, just a bit of it takes the taste of your food way beyond awesome. While considering a cup of tea in the morning with the normal breakfast, add a hint of cardamom and ginger which just makes the tea experience mind blowing, not to forget the rejuvenation of mind.
Test the taste
These tips could seriously help a lot in improving the taste of food and keeping you healthy. There is no limitation as to how you eat and what you eat. Go ahead with experimentation and test with the taste!